Disription

A place for family and friends near and far to keep up with our growing family.

Monday, December 16, 2013

One month for our Thaddaeus Finn


I know that everyone says this but I can't believe that our son is already 1 month old. Those first few weeks are always the longest and quickest. You are so exhausted not knowing which way is up yet so in love and trying hard to soak in all that baby goodness. I also think that it being my second time around I remember how fast it goes so I am trying to juggle the toddler and enjoy our sweet little baby. the toddler in the mix does seem to make things go by even faster.

Kyle had three weeks off which was WONDERFUL. I am so grateful that he was able to be upstairs with us, since he works from home he is always "home" with us. Annaka is beginning to realize that Thaddaeus is not going anywhere. She is still learning to share mommy and mommy is learning how to be shared. I am so grateful for Kyle who is an amazing support.

Here are a few photos of our sweet little man. (more to come)






 










Dear Thaddaeus,
What a perfect fit you are to our family. It was of course love at first sight when you came into our lives a month ago, how could we not love you. You sleep much more than I expected. Sometimes I wonder if you sleep too much! You like to sleep during the day and are more alert in the evening. Maybe you are a night owl like your daddy? You make lots of funny noises while you are sleeping, Mommy and Daddy are still getting use to it. Your are a snorter, your sister honked, my musical children. You love to look around and check out your surroundings. you enjoy sleeping on Mommy and Daddy's tummy. You don't really care for swaddling and you enjoy when your hands are free to suck on. I'm still trying to figure out what makes you happy at night so we can maybe get a 4 hour stretch in soon! You are nursing like a champ and have been since day one. I can't wait to see how much you have grown at your appointment next week.

I love you so much son and I can not wait to get to know you better. Thank you for being patience with us as we get to know you.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment